It’s December 1st and that means it’s time to count down the days until Christmas! So, how about making an advent calendar with a personal twist?! :)
- Remove the glass/mat from the frame
- Cut the foam board to fit the frame. Adhere scrapbook paper onto the foam board. Insert it into the frame. Secure the frame.
- Cut 25 mini squares for each day (Dec 1 – 25) using fun/colorful paper. I chose two paper. Each square is 1.4″ x 1.4″.
- Size your photos to 1.4″ x 1.4″ and adhere them onto the back of the mini scrapbook paper squares.
- If you use long pins like I did (couldn’t find shorter pearlized pins), you will need to cut it b/c the foam board isn’t very thick. I used a wire cutting tool.
- On each square, I used my Crop-a-dile to punch my eyelets. You definitely don’t have to use eyelets…it just looks cuter and a little more polished!
- Start pinning from the bottom (Dec 21 – 25) and work your way up. 5 squares per row.
- Once you’ve pinned all the squares, feel free to decorate the top however you like…and you’re done!!
Each small square represents a day (Dec 1 – 25) and on the back of each square is a picture of friends and family. Although I picked 25 photos for my 25 small squares, I didn’t memorize where I placed them on the 5 x 5 grid of squares. So, it’s still a surprise when I flip each day’s square over! :)
I’ve taken the calendar to work and placed it on my Christmas shelf (see below)!
Frame: Ikea RIBBA frame in Dark Brown (8 3/4″ x 11″)
Foam Board: Elmer’s Foam Board (3/16″ thick)
Paper:Basic Grey 12×12 Paper Collection Pack – Eskimo Kisses (Village and Finial)
Cut-out Letters: Provo Craft Cuttlebug Letters
Embellishments: Recollection dimensional stickers from Michaels. American Crafts Eyelets in Gold (3/16″). Stickles Glitter Glue – Crystal
Pins: Dritz Pearlized Pins in Red